This list is not exhaustive. You might be surprised at how creative some entrepreneurs have become to utilize VA’s to make their own lives easier. Some entrepreneurs have a team of VA’s who specialize in different niches, which is understandable. Very few individuals are experts in all areas… you find many Jacks of all trades, Masters of none, but every now and then you do find a Master, and if the price fits… well, you’d be silly to let that one go, wouldn’t you! drivingschoolintoronto
Think of your average VA as you would your secretary / Personal Assistant, because basically, that’s what they are. You will find some who specialize in website design and maintenance, and some who specialize in bookkeeping, and some who can offer writing/editing services, too. Regardless of their specialty, you’ll find that all of them offer the “VA Basics”.
With VA’s, one size does not fit all, but with a bit of a nip and tuck, you may find yourself one or more VA’s who are perfect for your business. Here are some ideas you can use when you are nipping and tucking…
1. Your VA can handle your email, respond to routine requests and instigate action, forward information to others to handle, or forward to you the very important email that only you can handle or must know about.
2. You’re going on vacation – let your VA handle your email in your absence. What she can’t handle, she can forward to you to consider over your next long cool drink under the nearest palm tree.
3. Mail – again, depending on where you both live, you can have your VA pick up and handle your mail, too. You can have this as a daily service or just when you are away.
4. Maybe you are a genius at marketing or building “whizbang gadget thingamies”, but you’re absolutely hopeless at setting up your email program to modify your timezone indicators, your signature, your autoreply… Relax! If your VA doesn’t know immediately, she knows how to find out and she will assist you.
5. If you are going away, you will probably use some form of voicemail/message service to alert your callers of your absence. Rather than lose business, give them your VA’s number or email address so she can liaise with them in your absence. It is much more reassuring and professional and YOU don’t lose business!
6. Depending on where you live in relation to your VA, you can have your calls diverted to her phone so she can answer them like a real-time Receptionist. You can do the same with your faxes. temp-mail
7. You need assistance with your diary and appointments. VA’s are commonly used for this purpose. Let them make your appointments and keep you up to date with your schedule. Let them liaise with your clients, business associates, journalists, speaking engagements, and so on.
8. Client liaison. You can’t always be there for your important clients, but your VA can. Let your VA handle queries, information requests, appointments, reschedules, etc.
9. Maybe you travel a lot. Let your VA arrange the best airfare for you, book accommodation and hire cars. Your VA can also arrange speaking venues for you – if you’re into speaking! Let them arrange the venue, meals and snacks, hotel discounts, equipment needed, etc.
10. This is so basic, it’s hardly worth mentioning… word processing. In the immortal words of Homer Simpson… Doh! On the other hand, if you are Homer Simpson, here’s what your VA can do for you: Type up and prepare notes, reports, articles, memos, letters, booklets (drafts or originals). In fact, anything you can do on a word processor, any VA can do for you!